So this week my lovely daughter and her family flew out to Barbados to spend some quality time with me… and we are having such an amazing time!
It made me think about all of the simple pleasures I had before having the luxury to take months off to explore the world at any given time.
I wanted to put this weeks blog together about making the most of your spare time and appreciating where you’re at in your life. I was once in the 9-5 cycle and often longed for the weekend and as soon as it came… it was gone again! Never give up looking for inspiration and always enjoy life’s pleasures, no matter how small they seem. Below are my simple ways to enjoy each day:
- Spend time appreciating your environment. No matter where you live or what shift pattern you work, or how busy life is, take the time to really look at your surroundings. Nowadays, life is so busy we often forget the little wonders and beautiful things that cocoon us. Take a moment to look at the people, plants and the buildings (to name but a few) that are around you and really take a moment to appreciate what makes them so special. You’ll be amazing at how many beautiful things surround you on a daily basis… you just don’t notice them.
- Live in the moment! Never live in the past! It’s been and gone… now is the time to be the change you want to see in the world. Forget the past and don’t worry about the future. Now… this is where you need to focus your energy! What are you going to do after reading this blog? Make your next action count!
- Take time out for YOU. This sounds so trivial but so many ladies I speak to and work with spend so much of their time attending to everyone else’s needs, they forget about their own. Set some time aside for yourself each week and have some R&R time! This could be simply sitting in the garden reading a book. Or going to the salon and having your nails done. Or taking a stroll in your local park. Take time to switch off from the world and be with your own thoughts.
- Laugh, create and play! Have you ever heard of the saying ‘Laughter is the best medicine?’ Hands up if you agree with this? I have to say this is something I live by. There’s no better feeling than laughing so hard that your belly hurts! I also love being creative (having grandchildren is fabulous so I can use them as an excuse) but really I love drawing and being creative. Getting the paints, colours and fabric out is the perfect activity for us to play and make some unforgettable memories!
- Never stop learning. It’s well know that there’s a strong correlation between learning and feeling happy. And for the people that know me, know I am the true definition of a book worm! I absolutely adore reading; mainly reading about the economy and entrepreneurs. They really stimulate my mind and I absolutely love learning something new each day. If you feel like you don’t have the time to sit and read (remember point 1… but if you would prefer to do something else as part of your R&R) audiobooks and podcasts are great to use. Note to self; I must record more podcasts to give away!
- Do the things YOU love! ‘When you’re happy on the inside, it will show on the outside.’ This little quote is something I wholeheartedly believe in. Think about what makes you happy and keep this at the forefront of your mind at all times.
- Stay Healthy! By staying healthy and active you will increase the endorphins in your body (something I recently learnt from my new book 🙂 which will boost your moods. I’ve recently started back at yoga and I can already feel the benefit. It doesn’t doesn’t have to be anything too strenuous if you don’t want it to be. Why not get outside and make the most of this beautiful weather we’re having… Just remember to use plenty of suncream!
- Celebrate your success! This is something I teach all of my students and something I encourage in my personal and work life. Although, having parties to celebrate bigger success are amazing… don’t forget about the small ones too! These are just as important. When you have a success treat yourself and give yourself a pat on the back! Go you!
Life is so precious so make sure you enjoy each and every day!
I’d love to hear from you so please leave me a comment below this week’s blog. Also don’t forget to like my Facebook page 🙂
Live the Life you Love